Saturday 24 January 2015

Stacking the Shelves #5 and the Sunday Post #2



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. To find out more just follow the link: Sunday Post Meme 


I had a very quiet week this week. Now that I am back to Uni I pretty much spend my weekdays reading, attempting to study (but in reality I just get distracted by youtube videos) and blogging, which really isn't the worst way to spend my days, except that I haven't left the house since Monday! I only have college one day a week and I then only work weekends so my weekdays end up being pretty boring. I am currently working on (well SUPPOSED to be working on) my Masters thesis proposal, a Marketing plan and a Management essay...as someone who has a background in English and History, the Marketing and Management modules I have this semester are quite difficult and I am really delaying getting started on my assignments. Next week I will be better.

In other news my Uncle came over to our house just yesterday to show off his new puppy and I just have to share these photos with you guys:

Is he not the cutest?



LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG


THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG


  • Book Review: Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
  • Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Would Love to Read with My Bookclub
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Book Review: Tithe by Holly Black
  • Feature and Follow Friday
  • Sunday Post + Stacking the Shelves


WHAT I READ THIS WEEK

This week I really did not get much read as one of the books I read/currently reading is 781 pages. I put down last week that I read Ruby Red but I didn't actually finish until Monday as it was painfully boring to read and I just could not finish it Sunday. I have read 1 full book, 1 graphic novel and I am 600 pages through with another book.


  • Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
  • Saga Volume Two by Brian K. Vaughan
  • The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson (600+ pages read so far)

FAVOURITE QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"A man was not defined by his flaws, but how he overcame them." ― Brandon Sanderson, The Well of Ascension


Stacking The Shelves is a meme created by Tynga's Reviews. It is "all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks". If you would like to find out more about this meme click here. 

So, I had absolutely no excuse for buying these books other than the fact that I was bored and wandered into a Waterstones...bad idea. I have three Graphic novels and three books and one novella to share with you today, so here they are:








If you are interested in any of the books above just click on the picture and you will be brought to their Goodreads page.


If you have a joined in on either of these two memes this week, leave a comment below and I will be sure to check out your post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio