Tuesday 7 January 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 2014 Bookish Resolutions

Today I decided to join The Broke and Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday. Click on the link and you will be able to find a list of their future Top Ten Tuesday topics and links to their previous memes. Today's Top Ten Tuesday is my book related resolutions for 2014. So, without further ado, in 2014 I am going to:


1. Blog, blog, blog: As I am new to the blogging world, my biggest aim for the New Year is to keep blogging  and reviewing books and all that good stuff. I have a tendency to start things with great intentions and then, once I realise how hard it is, I give up. Not this year!
2. Reread the entire Harry Potter series: It has been a very, very long time since I have marathoned this series and I am ashamed to say that I have most likely forgotten several aspects to the books . This needs to be corrected immediately as this series is my all time favourite. I have so many unread books on my shelves and because of this books I have read previously get neglected.
3. Don't let my TBR shelf get too big: It happens to the best of us, we buy our books in bulk and then keep buying and buying, somehow forgetting that we do in fact have a life and a job and various other responsibilities which hinder reading and thus end up with a pile of books gone unread.
4. Not buy so many books: This one goes hand in hand with number 3. If I focus on reading my TBR shelf and only my TBR shelf then I won't need to buy new books until they are all read. Yep, that means I am on a book buying ban until I read all my TBRs. This one is going to be tough.
5. Start and complete The Percy Jackson series: I have been wanting to start this series for well over a year now and still have not gotten around to it. One of my best friends highly recommends the series, along with every YA book lover. I have been putting off reading it because I worry that I will find it too childish and will give up on it before it gets to The Heroes of Olympus series which is what I am most looking forward to.
6. Join the library: Yes, you read that right, I am not a member of any library. The main reason for this being that I love to collect my books and don't ever want to part with them. However, I happen to be saving for my masters degree which I will be starting in September this year; leaving me with little to no money to spend on books.
7. Read 80 books this year: On my Goodreads profile I thought I would be hardcore and put down that I would like to read 100 books this year...what was I thinking? With a full time job and college coming up in September I don't think I will have THAT much time for reading, so I am going to lower my goal to 80 books which is still a large amount but hey, aim high right?
8. Read more Fantasy books: I love YA fiction but being someone who has an extremely low tolerance for romance in books I can get very frustrated by the genre. I love action, fighting, suspense and so of course I love the fantasy genre. Lately, however, I have found that I have been reading about 90% YA and 10% Fantasy. (Unfortunately I won't be able to start this until my TBR shelf is read and the book buying ban is lifted because I have very few fantasy books at the moment).
9. Read the Game of Thrones Series: This one links in with the last point on reading more Fantasy. I am a huge fan of the Game of Thrones tv series and I have so far read the first book in the series and started the second. I found it hard to read them as I had already watched the series and knew exactly what was going to happen. Time to plough through and get ahead of the series.
10. Review books when I finish them: This seems like a logical enough thing to do, however, I never seem to be able to manage it. If I don't review the book right away I tend to forget everything that happened in the story, I will even blank on character and place names. To write the best reviews I can I need to be on the ball!

Phew. That is a long list. I never EVER make resolutions at the turn of the New Year (except maybe I am never ever drinking again, but we all say that) and so this is going to be tough for me to accomplish.

If you have a list of your 2014 Bookish Resolutions feel free to leave me a link in the comments and I would love to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I love to hear your thoughts!

Make sure to check back on your comments as I always reply :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Teams

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare Delirium by Lauren Oliver The Chemical Garden by Lauren Destefano The Selection by Kiera Cass The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio